Administrative support position
The Manitoba Federation of Labour (MFL) requires an Administrative Support staff in its Winnipeg office.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Must have at least 3-year experience working in an administrative support position and an understanding of the Labour Movement structure.
- Efficient in using a desktop computer with Windows 7 or higher.
- Knowledgeable and experienced working in Microsoft Office 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Publisher).
- Experience in interacting with the public via phone and in person; good inter-personal Communications Skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing multiple priorities, tight timelines and stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently, take direction and work as part of a team.
- Understanding of and experienced with the use of social media. Knowledgeable and experienced with the use of desktop publishing programs would be an asset.
- Some knowledge/experience in bookkeeping is an asset.
Deadline for applications is February 27, 2017, 4:30 PM
- Perform telephone/receptionist duties, dealing with members, public and government/business representatives.
- Type and/or format documents, correspondence, reports, media advisories/releases, minutes and briefs as assigned. This would include taking minutes as required at meetings.
- Process and distribute incoming and/or outgoing correspondence via mail, fax and e-mails.
- Prepare and/or handle all manner of incoming and/or outgoing correspondence as assigned.
- Perform meeting and/or hospitality arrangements as assigned.
- Update and maintain membership/contact lists and various other databases as assigned.
- Maintain files, both paper and electronic.
- Uploading information as required to the MFL website.
- Provide support or relief to the bookkeeper as required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Mr. Greg Mc Farlane, Executive Director
Manitoba Federation of Labour
Wpg. MB. R3C 4M6
|Click here for complete job posting in PDF.||155.14 KB|