File a WCB Claim
You have the right to apply for Workers Compensation Benefits if you have been injured at work, no matter how minor. When injured, file a claim by taking the following steps:
- As soon as possible notify your supervisor that you were injured.
- A "Green Card"" (WCB Notice of Injury Form 1) or its equivalent should be filled out and given to your supervisor. Your employer must fill out a report to WCB (Form 2) within 5 days.
- You must file a Worker Incident Report (Form 3, Red in color) as soon as possible. When filing, keep the information the same as you have reported already. You can phone and report a claim - 954-4100 or 1-800-362-3340.
- When you go to a Doctor, tell them exactly what happened and not just that you "got hurt at work". Your Doctor must fill out a report to WCB (Form 4).
Be as specific as possible when completing the report. Include information such as;
- Kind of machinery and weights of tools you use,
- How you stand or sit at the job and how fast you have to work,
- A photograph sometimes helps,
- Your joint health and safety committee and union should be notified
You must report your injury to the WCB for a claim to be established. WCB will then decide whether they will provide for lost wages, medical benefits and drugs, and any related future problems.
Want to know where to go?
Visit our Buy Union page!