Workers Compensation

If you are injured at work, or are sick with a disease or illness caused by your work, you might qualify for workers' compensation benefits. In Manitoba, workers' compensation is administered by the Workers Compensation Board (WCB). It is the WCB that decides whether you qualify for compensation and what you get compensation for.

The WCB may cover:

  • Health care benefits — WCB might pay the bills for prescriptions, counselling, chiropractic appointments, dental costs, and other health care costs, like the cost of braces, crutches, and hearing aids.
  • Wage replacement benefits — When an injury or illness keeps a worker from going to work, WCB might pay the worker 90% of her or his wages in wage replacement benefits. Wage replacement benefits are paid also to a worker who goes to work, but doesn't earn as much as she or he used to earn because the work is different, or because the hours are fewer.
  • Fatality/Impairment benefits — When a worker dies from an occupational disease or an injury caused by work, the worker's dependents receive compensation from WCB. When a worker suffers a permanent disability from work he or she might receive a lump sum benefit.
  • Vocational Rehabilitation — The WCB might pay for some retraining if an injured worker cannot return to his or her  job, but the WCB will not guarantee reemployment.
 Buy Union

Want to know where to go?

Visit our Buy Union page!

Issues that matter to you...

Have your voice heard through out Take Action tool

RadioLabour Daily Sunday, November 19, 2017

International Labour News

Five minutes Monday–Thursday.
10 minutes every Friday

» Listen Now

Are you seeing this? If you are not using a "low-level" device (such as a cell phone, PDA, screen reader, etc.) you may want to enable JavaScript in your web browser.