2012 MFL Health and Safety Conference Announced
June 4, 2012
Registrations are now being accepted for the 2012 MFL Health and Safety Conference. This year’s conference will be held in Thompson on November 8 and 9. Buses have been arranged to transport attendees from Winnipeg to Thompson and back. The cost of the buses is included in the conference registration fee.
Conference highlights include:
- A new workshop on “Exercising Health and Safety Rights for Young and Vulnerable Workers”;
- The workshop on “Dealing with Stress, Harassment and Violence in the Workplace” has been updated to address new provincial regulations;
- A new workshop on “Making and Sustaining Effective Health and Safety Committees”;
- Keynote Speaker: Dave Gaudreau, newly elected MLA and long-time labour activist;
- A social to celebrate 50 years of the United Steelworkers in Thompson; and
- Returning workshops on beginner’s health and safety, WCB Basics, federally regulated workplaces, and environmental hazards at work.
Find out more by downloading the conference brochure and registration form.